This time, I spy'd around the kitchen to get the recipe.
Ingredients: White Rava (Sooji), Sugar, Cashew, Dry grapes (optional), Badham (optional) and Ghee.
- Fry the rava in a dry hot pan for some time, so that it becomes crispy. But make sure the color does not change. To be exact it should be at the verge of changing its color.
- Now, powder the rava and powder the sugar! Yes, powder them in a mixer grinder and mix them well. Keep the mixture as much dry as possible. (my mom made sure this by not allowing me near it)
- Break the cashew into smaller pieces by hand and mix it with the mixture.
- Put the ghee in a pan and heat it until its liquid.
- Now comes the crucial and trickiest part of the recipe. You need to have immense practice to master it. Slowly pour a scoop of ghee in the mixture and roll your fingers over it make a small balls (like a Table tennis ball) Tighten your fist and make it stay in shape. Caution: Its hot molten, ghee don't hurt yourself leave the kitcken experts handle it. That's why I just help in tighten the rounds.
- Place it on a paper to let it dry! so that the extra ghee is absorbed as well it doesn't stick.